Crown Strut Mount lowering Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alberto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I need some help. A few months back I posted how low to go on a 08 LTZ. I ended up trying to get just a leveling in the rear but ended up with a 3” coil which left the rear sagging. I then bought a strut mount lowering kit from Crown thru eBay but it looks like it doesn’t slide all the way down on the Arnott strut I purchased. Anyone know anything about this kit and if I can make it work?

C135954D-95A2-4C95-AB20-9D509F8E51D5.png 14366990-2D8D-462F-8AD7-673299503D1F.png

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd assume that yours, being an LTZ, has the AutoRide struts. I believe the AutoRide struts are slightly larger in diameter than the non-Autoride. Are the Arnott's the same size as the OEM? I heard they rebuild the factory struts. If you got the non-Autoride replacements with the sensor "spoofer" built into them, then they may be a different diameter altogether.

Where exactly does it hang up at and not slide down?

OP
OP
Alberto

Alberto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd assume that yours, being an LTZ, has the AutoRide struts. I believe the AutoRide struts are slightly larger in diameter than the non-Autoride. Are the Arnott's the same size as the OEM? I heard they rebuild the factory struts. If you got the non-Autoride replacements with the sensor "spoofer" built into them, then they may be a different diameter altogether.

I am not sure. I had it at the shop and all the mechanic said was that the sleeve was more narrower than the strut. I tried asking the seller on eBay if his kit works on certain struts and he said it
Works on all struts.

OP
OP
Alberto

Alberto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I am not sure. I had it at the shop and all the mechanic said was that the sleeve was more narrower than the strut. I tried asking the seller on eBay if his kit works on

I just spoke to the mechanic and he says that both the OE strut and the replacement I got are thicker and the sleeve won’t clear it

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure. I had it at the shop and all the mechanic said was that the sleeve was more narrower than the strut. I tried asking the seller on eBay if his kit works on

I just spoke to the mechanic and he says that both the OE strut and the replacement I got are thicker and the sleeve won’t clear it

Sounds like you have sleeves for a non-AutoRide strut. I just checked McGaughy's site- they have two different sleeves for each strut type, so there's definitely a difference in the strut body size.

#34062 for Autoride:
http://mcgaughys.com/products/front-adjsutable-rings-and-spacers-34062

#34061 for non-AutoRide:
http://mcgaughys.com/products/front-adjustable-rings-and-spacers-34061

...Can you tell me the inner diameter of your Crown sleeves?

OP
OP
Alberto

Alberto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like you have sleeves for a non-AutoRide strut. I just checked McGaughy's site- they have two different sleeves for each strut type, so there's definitely a difference in the strut body size.

#34062 for Autoride:
http://mcgaughys.com/products/front-adjsutable-rings-and-spacers-34062

#34061 for non-AutoRide:
http://mcgaughys.com/products/front-adjustable-rings-and-spacers-34061

...Can you tell me the inner diameter of your Crown sleeves?

I bought these off of Crown Suspension from EBay. There is probably a difference but this guy that responded said their kit works on both.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought these off of Crown Suspension from EBay. There is probably a difference but this guy that responded said their kit works on both.

I'm not calling anyone a liar, but someone in this ********* is mistaken.

If you could get an accurate measurement of them Crown ones, I'd like to see if they'll fit my Belltech struts and might buy them from you, then you could get them McG 34062s.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alberto

Alberto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not calling anyone a liar, but someone in this ********* is mistaken.

If you could get an accurate measurement of them Crown ones, I'd like to see if they'll fit my Belltech struts and might buy them from you, then you could get them McG 34062s.

Sounds good. I will be home tomorrow and will measure them and let you know what I come up with. Thanks a lot for the help.

kylers2k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine should be here in a couple days, I have the non auto ride struts and I'm hoping they fit now :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins