Creaking above passenger side second row bucket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My headliner creaks in one place near the driver's head. I will say though it's bothered me exactly one time... Driving it home brand new off the lot with no radio on and all alone in the vehicle. Ever since then the vehicle is always loaded with the family and/or all the stuff that comes with them and I've literally never once heard it again. I don't trust dealers enough to go ripping my vehicle apart, but if you have a good one you trust then it might be worth your time.

I am extremely particular with my vehicles and (unfortunately) notice every small defect. I will say that I do not see any defects created by the dealer performing the clip replacement. I was reassured that their #1 technician performed all the repairs to my rig. So your results may or may not be the same.
I'm curious to see how it works in hot weather, once the plastics start to expand again.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not very inspiring when GM uses the cheapest plastic clip in a high profit vehicle. They more than likely put the same clip in a $110,000 Escalade. Come on Lexus let's see what you got.

OP
OP
J

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not very inspiring when GM uses the cheapest plastic clip in a high profit vehicle. They more than likely put the same clip in a $110,000 Escalade. Come on Lexus let's see what you got.
I took my vehicle in for oil change and recalls. They said there is a bulletin about replacing the clips. They had to order them. The foam has worked well and I didn’t feel like waiting for the parts to arrive. I will probably get it fixed the next time I have to bring in. Just FYI for others to call ahead to make sure parts are available ahead of time. I only mentioned the issue when I was there in person.

G-Frog

Reaction score
Update: See service notes for headliner creak.
Interesting....
eak
View attachment 270513

Thank you very much for your post. I showed a copy of this to my GM service department here in Nova Scotia and did not encounter any issues getting the clips replaced.

Took the Yukon out for a long drive around town yesterday and not a squeak from the ceiling liner.

I still have a few other interior issues such as loose/knocking rear side panels. The side panel clips do not hold the panels tight enough and when I hit a bump or crack on the road they rattle.

I had fixed one by applying a cabinet door bumper pad next to the clip in order to reduce the space and prevent the rattle. It worked good until they pulled the panel to fix the ceiling liner. Now it rattles again.

I also have a squeaky steering wheel. When I turn the steering wheel more the 3/4 turn you can hear a rubber on rubber squeak.

There is also a vibration that occurs at highway speeds. They tried to balancing the tires again, but that didn't work. They checked the brakes and U-joints and they appeared OK. They eventually balanced the wheels directly on the vehicle and were able to remove most of the vibration, but not all. I suspect a slightly bent/out of round drive shaft. GM has had issues with driveshafts in the past.

In any case, I told the service advisor that I wouldn't throw everything at them at once. I'll be back regularly over the next few months to get these issues fixed.

Thanks again for the copy of your service bill.

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
Beyond frustrated with my dealership continually screwing up this repair of the creaking headliner. Went in for the third time and i made clear to them i wanted all the clips replaced. First drive after and still noticed creaking... checked the paperwork and all they did was install 2 clips because they were supposedly missing from the front.

Does anyone have the part number for the new clips? I want to verify they install the correct ones when i take it in the fourth time.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you show them my service report note? I'm not sure what the WPC and PIT# are, but may be some kind of work action that the techs can follow..

upload_2021-5-14_14-37-2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu