Creaking above passenger side second row bucket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And more updates... I have only driven it a few miles but the replacement trim pieces fit much better. Definitely were defective from the factory. After 7 service visits to correct these issues, I decided to take to another dealer. They actually took the effort to fix the issues. Instead of not looking at them and simply writing "could not duplicate".
upload_2021-2-11_13-32-7.png

upload_2021-2-11_13-35-16.png

upload_2021-2-11_13-38-6.png

Palmetto469

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very encouraging. Have you posted video of the door trim issue before?

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good, I think. Had loud creaking in headliner, but may be due to extreme cold temps. Will have to evaluate when weather improves...

Last edited:

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody else get their dealer to "fix" the headliner rattle issues? For me it is really bad when I have the shade open. is there an actual TSB or something else to reference?

G-Frog

Reaction score
Update: See service notes for headliner creak.
Interesting....

View attachment 270513

I have printed a copy of this to bring to the dealer. My headliner creaks all over the place.

I also discovered that the side panels behind the second row also vibrate and create noise when you drive on a rough surface. The clips holding the inner plastic panels to the outer body panels are also too loose. You can test this by tapping lightly on the interior side panels in various areas and listen as the panels move a few millimetres and knocks against the outer body panels.

It's very frustrating and disappointing to see the poor quality and workmanship on these vehicles. Especially when you consider the high cost of these vehicles.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And more updates... I have only driven it a few miles but the replacement trim pieces fit much better. Definitely were defective from the factory. After 7 service visits to correct these issues, I decided to take to another dealer. They actually took the effort to fix the issues. Instead of not looking at them and simply writing "could not duplicate".
View attachment 270521

View attachment 270522

View attachment 270523

This gives me hope that by the time I can order mine (waiting for max tow and air ride package) these issues will be resolved off the line.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody else get their dealer to "fix" the headliner rattle issues? For me it is really bad when I have the shade open. is there an actual TSB or something else to reference?
This gives me hope that by the time I can order mine (waiting for max tow and air ride package) these issues will be resolved off the line.

Yes, everyone needs to take it back to dealer and show them my service report above. There is an absolute improvement. GM has likely replaced the clips with something more adequate.

I've been fighting mine since my first drive home after purchase. Interior is much better, but I still here some kind a creaking around the second row. I can't figure that one out. I don't seem to notice when my kids are in the back.
I also continue to have ruff transmission shifts at low speeds. My transmission has been updated 3 times and I can't tell a difference. I think this is just how the 10 speeds are, especially with stop/go traffic.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed your report to my SM(who has been great) and he said that they have not done it yet, but had zero issue ordering me the new clips. Was going to do that and Perf Intake at the same time but the perf intake is still not available for dealers to install. Will let you all know when I get the headliner service done.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My headliner creaks in one place near the driver's head. I will say though it's bothered me exactly one time... Driving it home brand new off the lot with no radio on and all alone in the vehicle. Ever since then the vehicle is always loaded with the family and/or all the stuff that comes with them and I've literally never once heard it again. I don't trust dealers enough to go ripping my vehicle apart, but if you have a good one you trust then it might be worth your time.