Creaking above passenger side second row bucket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bthnc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this creaking too above the passenger rear bucket. Going to try some foam... after looking in there, it is certainly tight. For those that removed the clips, were you able to do that without breaking? Perhaps not that important if they aren’t doing much — is the role of the clips to hold the headliner in place? It does seem to be coming from the clips. Thanks for the pics, that was definitely helpful!

J Feran

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this creaking too above the passenger rear bucket. Going to try some foam... after looking in there, it is certainly tight. For those that removed the clips, were you able to do that without breaking? Perhaps not that important if they aren’t doing much — is the role of the clips to hold the headliner in place? It does seem to be coming from the clips. Thanks for the pics, that was definitely helpful!

J Feran

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just joined to see if others are experiencing the creaking. Got my Denali in November. Creaking started almost immediately and became worse. Took it to the dealer and they added padding and some other things but not sure exactly what. Unfortunately they only fixed one side. As others have said it seems to be above 2nd row seats. I may try some foam but will definitely be taking it in again. Driving me a bit nuts.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just joined to see if others are experiencing the creaking. Got my Denali in November. Creaking started almost immediately and became worse. Took it to the dealer and they added padding and some other things but not sure exactly what. Unfortunately they only fixed one side. As others have said it seems to be above 2nd row seats. I may try some foam but will definitely be taking it in again. Driving me a bit nuts.

Annoying indeed. Been fighting this since July! I have another service appointment on Monday and will again request that they fix it. They keep telling me could not duplicate, so I made videos and started a case with GMC customer cares. This isn't the only issue I've experienced. Luckily, it hasn't been drive-train related, although I don't care much for the transmission. Had that reprogrammed twice. Wish I would have waited for a 2022 model year, or hold out for next gen Toyota Sequoia.

J Feran

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can see what my dealer did to help the noises. He put in padded strips almost like little rectangular pieces of foam. Black so it matches. I put some
More foam pieces on the area he missed and sure enough all the creaking is gone.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is 100% the clips. On the way home heard the noise again. Removed the 3 clips twards the front on both sides. Zero noise.

How is your headliner doing after removing the clips? Still no noise or issues related to removal? I'm still fighting this with zero help from dealer, so thinking about going the removal route. Thanks

jna97

Reaction score
How is your headliner doing after removing the clips? Still no noise or issues related to removal? I'm still fighting this with zero help from dealer, so thinking about going the removal route. Thanks

No issues at all. No foam or fillers, just removed all the clips on both sides.

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
Same issue here. Been to the dealer twice already. Now they're ordering an entire headliner. Seems like overkill to me.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe there isn't a TSB out for this yet.

Yes. They have yet to acknowledge mine, even though I have reported it during 5 of my service appointments. Recorded video, took pictures of the culprits and provided direct links to this page so they know its not just me.
GM is horrible. My next service appointment is Feb 1st with a different dealer. We'll see how that goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts