Crazy "Used" 2021 Tahoe Z71 Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
over the summer, I saw multiple instances of the used tahoes being priced above the new ones, even at the same trim level.
I bought a 2021 fully-loaded Tahoe High Country with 4,000 miles for MSRP.

Reaction score
I brought my wife's 2017 Ford Escape into our local Ford dealership for routine service and I noticed a 2021 Tahoe Z71 in their used car area! So I had to see what they were asking for it, and from what I could tell, it didn't have any of the sought after options (i.e., Trailer Package, Air-Ride Adaptive Suspension package, Z71 Signature or Off-road Package, etc.); just the basic model. It has 6,552 miles on it and the price is $78,750!! When I got home I checked it out on their web site and it shows a $5,250 dealer discount, so they're actually asking $73,500. I have a difficult enough time seeing dealers gouging customers with 10, 20 (or more) thousand over MSRP for new ones, and now the used market is gouging customers too?? It would be interesting to see when this one does sell, how much did it really go for...
I traded a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara toward my 2021 Tahoe Z71 and made 10k on what I paid for it a year ago. This market is truly insane. These dealers are really being unethical with the markups on new vehicles. MSRP should be acceptable. Invoice is less. They make money. The consumer is just being hosed. The bubble will burst and people will be upside down even deeper. I was lucky to find a great local dealer who asked sticker price and gave me GM supplier discount I was eligible for through my employer. I feel for the folks who have to pay a king's ransom.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wantEd to share with you from another forum what people are paying for other vehicles. I seen this on a Kia telluride forum that I follow. Just in case you think you might have paid a little over sticker…

I ended up buying and bending over, mainly because it was my wife's car and I bought for her. The dealership, North County Kia in Escondido, adhered firm to stick price. I've actually sold cars before, so that's not that unheard of for new cars when the car is in demand. The overcharges came in the form of garbage I didn't want, like extra warranties, glass protection, sealants, dent coverage, etc. Cash sticker price was $50,995, but all in, out the door and with tax, it was $67K. This was an SX with basically every available option except the nightfall packagebecause it looked dumb on white.

RHStansbury

Reaction score
The 21 I just swapped out for my 22 Z71 is currently listed at the dealer for just shy of 10k over sticker. It has ~8500 miles and the only options were the captains chairs and a sunroof. It's listed at nearly $5k more than the sticker on my 22 that has the same options plus the lux package. Crazy to say the least.

wu6fiend

Reaction score
A coworker of mine just sold two cars, to the same Ford dealership. They gave him $5K more than he paid for his 2019 Jeep, and gave him only $500 less than what he paid for his 2020 Expedition. He drove the Jeep for nearly 2 years, and made money! So much for the old "lost 30% as soon as I drove it off the lot". I'm tempted to see what our 2016 Yukon Denali might bring, but I'm not prepared to pony up the tens of thousands necessary to get into another, new one.

Spanman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick StealerDealer story,
So I bought my used 2021 Tahoe Z71. Upon going into the room of doom (financing). They told me the best they could do on financing was 3.99%. I said but I have great credit with half cash down. So he leaves and comes back with...wait for it....if I buy the extended warranty for $4,000.00 he can get my finance rate down to 1.99%. So it will only cost me about $38.00 month all in. So after looking at the warranty paperwork. I said sure great deal. After one month when all was settled in, I took advantage of the 60 day loophole and backed out of the warranty knowing the bank would never raise my interest rate once closed. Long story short, I got my 4k back and my 1.99% rate. StealerDealers 5 billion, consumers 1. Lol

TexasLC

Reaction score
Quick StealerDealer story,
So I bought my used 2021 Tahoe Z71. Upon going into the room of doom (financing). They told me the best they could do on financing was 3.99%. I said but I have great credit with half cash down. So he leaves and comes back with...wait for it....if I buy the extended warranty for $4,000.00 he can get my finance rate down to 1.99%. So it will only cost me about $38.00 month all in. So after looking at the warranty paperwork. I said sure great deal. After one month when all was settled in, I took advantage of the 60 day loophole and backed out of the warranty knowing the bank would never raise my interest rate once closed. Long story short, I got my 4k back and my 1.99% rate. StealerDealers 5 billion, consumers 1. Lol
as the kid’s say, “that’s gangsta right there”

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I traded a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara toward my 2021 Tahoe Z71 and made 10k on what I paid for it a year ago. This market is truly insane. These dealers are really being unethical with the markups on new vehicles. MSRP should be acceptable. Invoice is less. They make money. The consumer is just being hosed. The bubble will burst and people will be upside down even deeper. I was lucky to find a great local dealer who asked sticker price and gave me GM supplier discount I was eligible for through my employer. I feel for the folks who have to pay a king's ransom.
yep going to be lots of mysterious vehicle fires in a couple years....watch and see

OP
OP
Thomas Schneider
Reaction score
Since I originally posted this back in September (5 months ago), I thought I'd check to see if this vehicle sold yet. Nope, still for sale with only 5 more miles on it and the price lowered to $76,000 now!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne