Crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SWAG: pull the two PCM/ECM connectors and check for cleanliness and good fitment, and water migration.

Reinstall the old crank position sensor.

Test for fuel volume and quality at one of the injectors.

Temporarily ground engine block to negative battery connection. As @rockola1971 asked, what is the voltage on this new battery while cranking?
Yep. That starter sounds like it is draggin butt and that spark being orange leads me to believe low voltage going to ignition coils. The question is, why?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds to me like there is no fuel it's not even trying to fire at all, yet you state it runs on starter fluid this should be a no brainer.....
you haven't said anything about the injectors

OP
OP
S

steveo1

Reaction score
SWAG: pull the two PCM/ECM connectors and check for cleanliness and good fitment, and water migration.

Reinstall the old crank position sensor.

Test for fuel volume and quality at one of the injectors.

Temporarily ground engine block to negative battery connection. As @rockola1971 asked, what is the voltage on this new battery while cranking?
I don't have old crank sensor anymore..but I'll do the other items some I've done already but I'll go thru the steps again for validity...any help is appreciated
I'll post my results tomorrow with video if applicable

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have old crank sensor anymore..but I'll do the other items some I've done already but I'll go thru the steps again for validity...any help is appreciated
I'll post my results tomorrow with video if applicable
Make sure that battery is fully charged and measure voltage at battery during engine cranking. If battery is good then voltage should be 10.5v or higher while engine is cranking. The reason the starter fluid is lighting off the engine and not the gas is because the starter fluid has a much lower flashpoint temp than gas. (assuming the weak spark is causing a no start on gas).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792