Crank No Start After Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jrdecat

jrdecat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ran down to AutoZone to borrow their fuel pressure gauge again. Pressure is 50 with vac line disconnected and now I smell like gasoline again.

OP
OP
jrdecat

jrdecat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got under the hood again today to watch and listen while it runs. I noticed that there is some residue / indication of leaking where the IM meets the head and also around a couple of the fuel injectors. I had been keeping my engine so clean since the swap that I had never seen any of that. Now that I let it get a little dirty I can see that there are some potential sealing issues.

I also unplugged the MAF and took a little drive. I had a 75% success rate of starting on the first crank with the MAF unplugged and engine hot. I think I have an open loop vs closed loop issue and that a potential leak at the IM or FI is causing me to be too lean when warm.

We're going into the shop next week for a rebuilt front diff and I guess while I'm in there I'll be putting in new injectors and IM gaskets as well. New injectors were only $123 +tax from Herko so that's worth not having to clean the old ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne