Cracked grille support

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of cracks in the top tabs and because the grill was so loose thought there must be other broken sections. But when I took it off there were none. It just fits kind of loosely. That may just be my truck though. FYI in case you're mistaking that loose fit for other broken sections.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could fab up a piece of aluminum, maybe some .032 to fit underneath and utilize some blind pop rivets (probably black nylon blind rivets) to pull the piece back together and support it. If you are selective on where you drill holes and fasten the backup piece carefully it should outlast the rest of the vehicle.................. I did this on the plastic fascia on my golf cart several years back where the kids had wrecked it and it worked really well and has held up. Of course you may not have all the tools or the metal laying around that are needed (I am a Sheet Metal Worker haha) It might be more practical to just replace the silly thing with a good used one from a salvage yard? Looks like PullAPart has them for around 25 bones if you are industrious enough to go pull it yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17