Cracked Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of your truck, please.

Cracked dash is fairly common on some of these trucks. Mine is cracked, but the process and cost to replace is too much for me. So, I just ignore it (even though I still do see it, and it is annoying).

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine cracked too at the passenger airbag. I try not to look at it. The more I stare at it the more I want to fix it.
I was wondering if the dash cracked at just one spot or could crack at multiple spots with time went by.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, on my list of shit to do in the spring....smh

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that those covers look so terrible. I think the cracked dash looks better than those covers. You'll probably have to buy the part from your local dealer because the box is too big to ship regular UPS or FedEx ground so freight shipping will eat up any savings from somewhere like GM Parts Direct. Expect to pay around $600.

It can be shipped UPS or FedEx, it comes in a huge cardboard box. Mine came UPS ground.

@Mary Frances here's the page on gmpartsdirect that lists the dash. You need the upper dash panel and you didn’t specify the color. This is the 09 LTZ list. Keep in mind shipping is expensive so when you get the correct part number for your color, go online and use Google and look on EBay too for the best price shipped. It’s the combined price you want to look at. Like someone else said, expect to pay about $600 shipped. Hopefully you won’t need the part called the extension, which is the flat piece between the dash and the windshield with the defroster vents in it. Mine was brittle and broke in a few places when I removed it. That adds another $200 or more. One thing to note is the new parts have been redesigned with reinforcement in the problem areas and are supposedly better. They make covers that go over the entire dash for a lot less but I couldn’t make myself go that route- it’s like putting a band-aid over a problem and you can see it’s a cover no matter what anybody says. At least I can see it is. Plus those covers make it impossible to remove the extension piece or for that matter the dash itself unless you break the cover off first since it is glued over the top of both pieces. Replacement takes a few hours. It’s not that hard, just tedious.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/v-2009-chevrolet-tahoe--ltz--5-3l-v8-gas/body--instrument-panel

ToddWalsh1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new here.
I've got a 2009 Tahoe LTZ.
bought it a year ago, just paid it off.
Its had a "heat fracture" in the dash since i bought it.
looking to get a dash replacement but im really not sure what im looking for...
ive found this, but can someone point me in the right direction please?
i do not just wanna throw some BS cover over it.
View attachment 266395

Just use Dashskin.com the repair cover kit will cost you about $150 and will look like new. You won’t notice the difference. I know a few guys that have used this option and it turns out great. They have a Facebook group if you want to see pictures.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it won't look like new and the difference is absolutely noticeable even from outside of the car. You'll also notice the difference when you go to get your airbag recall done and they can't get the airbag out because that stupid cover goes over the edges of the airbag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9