Could use some help on dropping oil pan on 6.2 yukon denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvettetim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello group, I;m working on my 07 Yukon Denali. My oil sender went out so replaced with OEM sender and now my oil pressure is still low so I guess it is time to drop the pan and do the 'O'ring on the pick up tube. I was wondering if there is anyone that lives up in the NW of Washington state and would be willing to do the work or help me do the work. I have a bad back and it is hard to get up and down. I have all the tools needed and I have a good size shop. Would be willing to transport you or bring the truck to you. I would pay a reasonable price for the help. The truck is a 07 Yukon Denali with the 6.2 and AWD. The truck is like new and I don't want to screw it up. I am located off the 5 freeway between Mt Vernon and Marysville. If this post is not allowed, please delete it. Thank you. Tim

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello group, I;m working on my 07 Yukon Denali. My oil sender went out so replaced with OEM sender and now my oil pressure is still low so I guess it is time to drop the pan and do the 'O'ring on the pick up tube. I was wondering if there is anyone that lives up in the NW of Washington state and would be willing to do the work or help me do the work. I have a bad back and it is hard to get up and down. I have all the tools needed and I have a good size shop. Would be willing to transport you or bring the truck to you. I would pay a reasonable price for the help. The truck is a 07 Yukon Denali with the 6.2 and AWD. The truck is like new and I don't want to screw it up. I am located off the 5 freeway between Mt Vernon and Marysville. If this post is not allowed, please delete it. Thank you. Tim
You might have good luck with a mobile mechanic in your area. Some of them do good work at a reasonable price.

If you have good impact wrench, the work itself is not difficult but would require a lot of time laying on your back, working overhead. You don't need to drop the diff completely out. Removing the pax side mounting bolts and taking the bolts out of the half-shaft mounting flange will let it drop down enough to get you the clearance you need to get the pan off.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Have you overfilled the motor w/ 2qt of oil and verified if your pressure goes up? That allows the gasket in the pick up tube to be submerged and verifies if the $7 gasket is the issue.

Obviously don’t drive or rev the motor until you get the extra two quarts of oil out. I assume you used an OEM oil pressure sensor. What’s your mileage on the beast?

OP
OP
C

corvettetim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you overfilled the motor w/ 2qt of oil and verified if your pressure goes up? That allows the gasket in the pick up tube to be submerged and verifies if the $7 gasket is the issue.

Obviously don’t drive or rev the motor until you get the extra two quarts of oil out. I assume you used an OEM oil pressure sensor. What’s your mileage on the beast?
Sorry for the late comeback. I have been out of town. I haven't done the extra oil in the crankcase but I do have a good downhill spot that I use and when I do the nosedown check, the oil pressure seems not to drop hardly at all.

OP
OP
C

corvettetim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You might have good luck with a mobile mechanic in your area. Some of them do good work at a reasonable price.

If you have good impact wrench, the work itself is not difficult but would require a lot of time laying on your back, working overhead. You don't need to drop the diff completely out. Removing the pax side mounting bolts and taking the bolts out of the half-shaft mounting flange will let it drop down enough to get you the clearance you need to get the pan off.
I have all the tools needed, that's not the problem. I just have the problem of getting up and down from the floor. Had a botched back surgery a few years ago and screwed me up pretty bad. I am mech inclined, and am willing to do some of the work. It took me over a 2 day period just to change the sender out because I am not able to bend over or stand for any long periods of time. I would rather pay someone who needs the money instead of some garage that charges up the ***** !

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have all the tools needed, that's not the problem. I just have the problem of getting up and down from the floor. Had a botched back surgery a few years ago and screwed me up pretty bad. I am mech inclined, and am willing to do some of the work. It took me over a 2 day period just to change the sender out because I am not able to bend over or stand for any long periods of time. I would rather pay someone who needs the money instead of some garage that charges up the ***** !
Totally get it and that sucks man, I’m sorry. ☹️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288