Cost to install Rough Country leveling kit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garymyman

Reaction score
which is maybe why the fine print says it does not fit a gmc.
Surely not. You're jacking up the front and the back, expecting a perfect level is asking too much, IMO. Originally "leveling kits" were front-only. This system is a lift kit by another name. Which is fine! And you've cut your rake in half, almost. I can't wait to see pics - this is exactly what I would do with a Yukon, albeit on BFG KO2's.

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be about satisfactory for me. Little less height in the rear would be better IMO. Is that adjustable…what does the rear lift consist of?

Cant wait to see some pics.
The rear is not adjustable, it's basically the same setup as the front - remove strut, bolt on spacer then re-install on vehicle. Same kit several others on here have used but I have not seen anyone else with this kit on a yukon.

When I picked it up they told me there wasn't any complications with the install but it did take longer than the quoted 5 hours to get it done, and getting it aligned afterwards was a challenge. I think it looks much better now and still rides really smooth, maybe a touch more bouncy over big bumps but not bad at all. Just completed a 600 mile round trip and it did great with 3 adults, 2 kids and the back end full of luggage and Christmas presents and whatnot. Here are a few before and after pics...
IMG_3590.jpgIMG_3635.jpgIMG_3594.jpgIMG_3639.jpg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear is not adjustable, it's basically the same setup as the front - remove strut, bolt on spacer then re-install on vehicle. Same kit several others on here have used but I have not seen anyone else with this kit on a yukon.

When I picked it up they told me there wasn't any complications with the install but it did take longer than the quoted 5 hours to get it done, and getting it aligned afterwards was a challenge. I think it looks much better now and still rides really smooth, maybe a touch more bouncy over big bumps but not bad at all. Just completed a 600 mile round trip and it did great with 3 adults, 2 kids and the back end full of luggage and Christmas presents and whatnot. Here are a few before and after pics...
View attachment 358822View attachment 358823View attachment 358824View attachment 358825
When they said the alignment was a challenge, i wonder if that means they could barely get it back into specs, as in it may be the max height it could be raised without other drop components…

I guess as long as the alignment is back in spec then that is okay…i guess you will find out soon enough with how the new rubber is wearing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts