Cost/Benefit - Whipple or TSP Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, because that's the right way to do it. Who replaces a cam and doesn't replace the lifters? Besides the fact that these trucks have horrible lifter problems and the AFM needs to be deleted which also requires lifter replacement. Hardened pushrods are needed and a trunnion upgrade on the rocker arms is highly recommended. It will cost more like $1500 in parts to do it right.
Yessir if you want to delete the hardware for AFM as opposed to deleting it in the tune. Mine doesn’t have that crap so lifters weren’t needed. I added hardened pushrods, vitron valve seals and did the trunnions upgrade myself. All inexpensive parts. Cams are swapped out all the time without replacing lifters. It’s not necessary. Just trying to suggest options. I do all my work so labor isn’t a problem. Are you installing the Whipple yourself? It’s fairly easy if you are so inclined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MURDD0CK