Corsa Crate Muffler on 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EZ Money

Reaction score
Anyone have experience replacing just the stock muffler with a Corsa crate muffler?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's not quite the same but I'll chime in since it's similar and it doesn't seem like you're getting much input here.

I have a '15 Yukon Denali XL stock exhaust pipe is 3.5", I picked up a slightly used Corsa 3.5" muffler from the Corsa #14866 cat-back exhaust kit. I had a local muffler shop cut out the OEM muffler and flapper and weld in the Corsa 3.5" muffler. I left the OEM Stock Resonator after the rear axle and the system sounds great! Very happy with the outcome and I've had this set-up for a few years now.

IMO leaving the OEM stock resonator in the system after the rear axle made my Corsa #14866 Sport muffler sound more like a "touring". Which is what I was after so it all worked out.

I did have to purchase (2) 3.5" elbows they were wither 30 or 45 degree pieces that were added after the muffler since the Corsa's #14866 muffler is center in/center out and the OEM muffler is a center in/offset out.

You can purchase 3" Corsa Pro series mufflers that are offset / center which is good. Your biggest issue will be they're a lot shorter than the typical mufflers that are in their cat-back systems. The Corsa Pro series mufflers are 16" length, vs. the one from the Corsa #14866 system I used is 27.5" length. In theory that would result in a louder sound I would think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345