Coolent smell oh no

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been having the odd smell of coolent coming from my engine bay into the cabin could this be because I don't have my cabin air filter installed yet. Replaced heater core hoses and nothing seems to be leaking. Coolent gauge isn't fluctuating have no idea.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
"Nothing seems to be leaking"? Pressure test...notice loss of coolant level? May have coolant inside the heater box that bled by firewall openings when changed hoses? Hopefully no cracks at heater core connections...

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from the engine bay into the cabin................

So possibly cracked radiator up high drivers side and or bad waterpump leaking through weep hole? Assuming all your hoses are good.

Thats how mine started....light wisp of a smell.......noticed coolant bottle level low...........added water and saw it running out a cracked radiator. Glued that up temp, then built pressure and instantly leaking out of the water pump.....arrrrrgh.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had it for a while in thecopcar. New hoses and tees resolved it for a year, then it popped up intermittently. Always very faint. Then the radiator let go, on the upper driver side. Cold Case fixed that.