Coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

When I fill the coolant to the correct level line, it goes a bit under it from time to time. What do you advise ? (see photo).

٢٠٢٠١٢٠٩_٠٨٣٩٢٠.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, drive it, but I would pressure test it to find a leak. Hopefully it is not a slow seepage head gasket problem. Or are you saying it reads different when hot as opposed to cold?

OP
OP
k1970

k1970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, drive it, but I would pressure test it to find a leak. Hopefully it is not a slow seepage head gasket problem. Or are you saying it reads different when hot as opposed to cold?

Well, it is not clear to me. I always check it early in the morning when it is still cool ..

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, you are saying that after you have topped off to the reservoir line, for I assume when you find it lower than expected when you check each morning, that you drive it and then when you check the next morning it is either still at the full line or reading below it? Does that sum it up correctly? Any recent work on the rig? How long has this been going on? Ever see any drops on the ground? Plus, it sure would help if you put the rig info in your posts.

Or I could lick my finger and put it in the air and I guess what vehicle, depending on which way the wind is blowing.

OP
OP
k1970

k1970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you are saying that after you have topped off to the reservoir line, for I assume when you find it lower than expected when you check each morning, that you drive it and then when you check the next morning it is either still at the full line or reading below it? Does that sum it up correctly? Any recent work on the rig? How long has this been going on? Ever see any drops on the ground? Plus, it sure would help if you put the rig info in your posts.

Or I could lick my finger and put it in the air and I guess what vehicle, depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Not each morning. It reads below after driving for many days ... no drops on the ground ..

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same. Every so often I top it off with premix dexcool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts