Coolant smell outside vehicle - TSB Present

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 is in the shop today to fix a leaking radiator ( and 2 rear bumper side detection sensors).

I noticed a coolant smell after pulling into the garage a while ago. Never leaked on the ground or able to see weeping on the radiator...

Brought truck in today and they are now replacing the radiator and thermostat according to PI1513B bulletin. There may be a newer bulletin out there, but this is what I took with me to dealer.

Just a heads up in case you have similar symptoms, could be the known radiator issue. It’s covered under powertrain warranty (100k up to 2015 models).

Thanks

OP
OP
SuperOldSchool

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question - I looked at the labor sheet / receipt and they used 1 qt of trans fluid to replace the radiator.....

Does the trans fluid route through the radiator as well / the trans cooler?

Anyone know?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question - I looked at the labor sheet / receipt and they used 1 qt of trans fluid to replace the radiator.....

Does the trans fluid route through the radiator as well / the trans cooler?

Anyone know?
yes but it's less than a quart, that's probably the minimum they can bill out.
the fluid runs through it's own little section on the radiator

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
New GM radiators installed by the dealer now carry a lifetime guarantee. Keep your ppwk handy. I googled GM parts to print the page of parts now covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I recant this. Just checked w/ dealer and they said not the case on radiators. When I find the ppwk I printed that shows otherwise I’ll post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent

Latest posts