Coolant Reservoir Clean Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand...... I was around the 'stuff',...... ( I saw lines the size of baseball bats )....
But I had to get up early Saturday morning to go racing...... No hang overs for me......
There WERE no hangovers, we just didn’t go to sleep in the first place.:)

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I happened to come across this on YouTube. On how to deep clean a coolant reservoir. Might be an option that is "good enough" for many of us here, if you don't feel like buying a new reservoir.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I happened to come across this on YouTube. On how to deep clean a coolant reservoir. Might be an option that is "good enough" for many of us here, if you don't feel like buying a new reservoir.
Not bad. I was actually wondering if bleach would do it. Maybe need a higher concentration, even full strength?

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Debated on trying this but in the end ordered a new one. Mine was so bad, I have to take a flash light to the opening to see the current level. A new one is much less work. Arrives tomorrow.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not clear but close. My reservoir arrived today. I'll take pictures and post. Happy I came across this post.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not a plastics expert or chemical engineer, but typically, a lot of clear plastics seem to be fairly rigid and often kind of brittle. The whiter or milk-jug-looking plastics seem to be softer and more flexible. maybe the color/clarity of the plastic used on the reservoirs is probably a result of having to deal with high temperature swings and a material that will not crack or split.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic