Coolant reservoir cap broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just tried to remove the coolant reservoir cap to add a little coolant and it broke. Anyone know how to remove the rest of it from the top of the reservoir? I managed to remove the seal and pressure spring but can’t get the rest of it out.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Geotrash

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I was able to add some coolant through the disassembled cap, then reassembled it and ran to town to buy a new one. Seems to be holding pressure fine. But I still can’t figure out how to get the rest of the cap out once I disassemble it again when I get back. Unfortunately, I don’t have any clamps like that with me.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like a straight slide in for the piece left in. The only thing that appears to hold it would be a lower o ring.

If you have a pick, just hook the lowest part of that inner part and pull up. If you don't have a pick, maybe fashion one from a piece of coat hanger, hammer the end flat and bend it 90 degrees. Hook that flat piece under the stuck part and pull straight up.

If you have two picks or fashion two picks, maybe avoid the stuck piece canting as you pull up.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super!

Please add "Solved" to the title of your thread, so that folks who may encounter this issue in the future, will know that there is a resolution contained in the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep