coolant replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kadrovik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, Tahoe 6.2 liters, I want to completely change the coolant. How to completely drain it, including the engine block? Where is the drain plug located?

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Здравствуйте, Тахо 6,2 литра, хочу полностью поменять охлаждающую жидкость. Как его полностью слить, включая блок двигателя? Где находится сливная пробка?
Translated from Russian:

Hello, Tahoe 6.2 liters, I want to completely change the coolant. How to completely drain it, including the engine block? Where is the drain plug?

Do the K2s have a petcock or do they also have to pull the lower radiator hose?

OP
OP
kadrovik

kadrovik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Removing the lower radiator hose will completely drain the coolant?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also get it to operating temp, vent pressure to system. Remove upper hose and put a scrap section of hose to the t-stat and down into a container. Let truck idle and pour in new blended coolant into the upper hose while the t-stat modulates what come out of the block. Run 4 gallons through and you should have most changed over. Make sure to have both the front ans rear heat set to hot.

I've done this in the past on other vehicles and it seems to work well. Your other option is to have a shop use a flushing machine to exchange the coolant (which hooks up the same way, just with built in containers).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys