Coolant leak help. Common external points of failure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I went back and looked I was way off it's around $100, I must have been thinking of something else

Yeah, the Gruven kits (Ts, hoses and clamps) are $95 each- $200ish total with shipping. The Stealth Ts are $30 each- $70ish total shipped. Hose and clamps are cheap, unless you want silicone.

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a couple days of checking levels and driving, and checking levels, it looks like there's still a slow leak somewhere on top of the old expansion tank leak. Not a great time of the year as I just down want to stand around the engine bay, or lay on the snow under the truck to hunt and peck.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya set of oem T's and hoses will run about $100 or close to it, when I bought mine last time Amazon had the best price
I have had the t break off before luckily I was in town and not stuck on the side of the highway in no-where-ville

Mine broke off towing the boat home right after I picked up a pizza at 9 at night in a monsoon in the ghetto, freakin SUCKED. Thank god I had a spare jug of antifreeze in the back.

If this ever happens to anybody you can cut both heater hoses and dig the broken plastic nipple end out of the one heater hose and use it as a splice to bypass the heater core lines. You can use zip ties or tire wire for clamps.

When I replaced everything I put a brass splice into one of the heater hoses with spring clamps as an emergency bypass setup if it ever happens again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish