Coolant leak cant find

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremyhuskers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1999 Tahoe
4dr
Less than 2 years ago I replaced intake manifold gaskets because they were leaking. Well yesterday I noticed a very large puddle of coolant in the drive way when parked for lunch. I got under the truck and the leak is coming down around the starter (passenger side). With a light I couldnt see where it was coming from no visible signs from up top either. Water pump was replaced a year ago and the fitting that goes onto of the engine from the heater core too. I tried to feel for any leaks from the intake but it was dry. Any ideas I'm stumped. Felpro gaskets were used.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a pressure tester. Then you can peek and probe around a cool engine. You should be able to find an active leak by pressurizing the system.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look forward of the leak, wind and gravity can push it back from the source, start all the way up front and work your way back, be sure to check the sides and bottom of radiator, reservoir tank, hoses and t's, seep hole from bottom of water pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe