Coolant in Oil - What Now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but you know how it is when you're young. I did 145 on rte 80!

must be a NJ thing ,,,,,150 up hill on rt 80, 70 formula 400. had a 225 mph speedo. i was holding it there with 1/4 throttle. it had more, but even at 18 years old you start to wonder how smart is this??? lol

my regal i've had up to 105. this tahoe is not going over 80 mph. hats off to you all who got the balls to break 100 in one. not the most stable thing ive driven.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
must be a NJ thing ,,,,,150 up hill on rt 80, 70 formula 400. had a 225 mph speedo. i was holding it there with 1/4 throttle. it had more, but even at 18 years old you start to wonder how smart is this??? lol

my regal i've had up to 105. this tahoe is not going over 80 mph. hats off to you all who got the balls to break 100 in one. not the most stable thing ive driven.
Lol, must be. Everybody is young and dumb once. I hit it going home to Pa--worked in Nwk at the time--around Rockaway, nice straightaway, those GN's can't handle worth a crap. Hit 127 on the turnpike, no shaking. I don't know if I'd go faster since I've rear about our stock driveshafts now.

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The O'Reilly part numbers you need are 67085 & 67086. Those are right from my receipt as I recently rented the same tool w/ adapter.

I went and rented one of those on my lunch break but it wouldn't fit on my reservoir. There isn't a radiator cap, correct? Maybe the other part number has different sizes?

I have other work done--cam, longer pushrods, springs, hv oil pump, long tubes, 3000 stall convertor, exhaust and tune. And yes, it's a gas guzzler. But that's with my mods. I don't see how it would be alot different then your 5.3 if you keep the same driving habits. Check out my build thread. If you're on a phone turn it sideways and look at the bottom of my post.View attachment 207081

So I do a lot of city driving and never average 12 MPG (I reset the average MPG every time I get gas). I usually average around 15 on the highway with hills pretty often. That's with very basic mods. Do you think I'd see anything different than that with a 6.0?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I went and rented one of those on my lunch break but it wouldn't fit on my reservoir. There isn't a radiator cap, correct? Maybe the other part number has different sizes?

So I do a lot of city driving and never average 12 MPG (I reset the average MPG every time I get gas). I usually average around 15 on the highway with hills pretty often. That's with very basic mods. Do you think I'd see anything different than that with a 6.0?
I'd say, if you drive easy I don't see why you wouldn't be around the same mileage. Just don't romp on it too much. I'd guess I'm maybe 10-11 in the city, that's with my gf driving it. Me, I'm probably 5-6, lol.

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a good place to find prices on a new crate engine or is the dealer my best bet? Probably looking for one from GM. I don't know if that's the direction I'm going yet, just want to compare prices.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes you need both part #'s. The 2nd part # is an adapter kit that allows the tool to be screwed onto the reservoir in place of the pressure cap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan