Control arm angle maxed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BugginOut

Reaction score
So I have the supreme suspensions 3" level and lift kit.... looking at my steering issue today, I noticed that my upper control arm looks to be maxed out on it's downward travel position. I'm not real "lift" savvy...but one of my biggest complaints has been the jacked up ride on this thing since putting it on. Looking at this picture, wouldn't it make sense that ANY travel above the standing position, and it's going to start lifting the wheel? IE...maxed out? I saw nothing about frame modifications in the instructions.

control_arm.jpg

OP
OP
BugginOut

BugginOut

Reaction score
Ok, guilty...my apologies. I thought you were suggesting to buy the key and I did not watch it.
But I did just watch it. And it states the obvious, that you don't want that. But I'm confused. I bought a 3" lift and level. So with the new keys in, they are pretty much maxed out to "LEVEL" the front to the rear with it's lift wafers in place. And if you ask me, it still sits about 1" lower in the front...maybe it can't go up any higher due to the bump pad. Am I expected to cut the bump landing off? Not a big fan of that idea.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have the supreme suspensions 3" level and lift kit.... looking at my steering issue today, I noticed that my upper control arm looks to be maxed out on it's downward travel position. I'm not real "lift" savvy...but one of my biggest complaints has been the jacked up ride on this thing since putting it on. Looking at this picture, wouldn't it make sense that ANY travel above the standing position, and it's going to start lifting the wheel? IE...maxed out? I saw nothing about frame modifications in the instructions.

View attachment 250755
I don't see any reason why that couldn't be be cutoff and then weld in a notched plate for reinforcement

OP
OP
BugginOut

BugginOut

Reaction score
yea, that's what I am thinking as well. But again, I don't have lift experience. My concern is if I don't have ANY bump stop support...will that be dangerous?

OP
OP
BugginOut

BugginOut

Reaction score
Ended up cutting 1" off the rear extenders. Then loosened the torsion keys. Give me about 1/2 - 3/4" gap from the control arm. Ride quality is is back.

large

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just lowered my control arm stops one inch helps with down travel

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up cutting 1" off the rear extenders. Then loosened the torsion keys. Give me about 1/2 - 3/4" gap from the control arm. Ride quality is is back.
@BugginOut To give you some insight into this. Yes when the upper control arm is touching that droop stop it prevents downward travel and will result in a rough and loud ride. The droop stop is there to prevent the upper ball joint from being over extended. The work around for this is to buy upper control arms make for a lift that have the ball joints angled properly to allow for the lift up front. At that point you can cut the droop stop and gain your suspension travel back and the lifted upper control arms allow for this by giving the upper ball joint the correct angle even if you have your keys cranked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts