1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control arm angle maxed?

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by BugginOut, Jun 24, 2020.

1. BugginOut

BugginOut Member

Name:
    Willy
    So I have the supreme suspensions 3" level and lift kit.... looking at my steering issue today, I noticed that my upper control arm looks to be maxed out on it's downward travel position. I'm not real "lift" savvy...but one of my biggest complaints has been the jacked up ride on this thing since putting it on. Looking at this picture, wouldn't it make sense that ANY travel above the standing position, and it's going to start lifting the wheel? IE...maxed out? I saw nothing about frame modifications in the instructions.

control_arm.jpg

2. GreyStone

GreyStone Full Access Member

Name:
    Derek
    unhelpful/redacted

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  3. BugginOut

BugginOut Member

Name:
    Willy

that response makes absolutely no sense....

4. GreyStone

GreyStone Full Access Member

Name:
    Derek
    xxx

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  5. BugginOut

BugginOut Member

Name:
    Willy
    Ok, guilty...my apologies. I thought you were suggesting to buy the key and I did not watch it.
    But I did just watch it. And it states the obvious, that you don't want that. But I'm confused. I bought a 3" lift and level. So with the new keys in, they are pretty much maxed out to "LEVEL" the front to the rear with it's lift wafers in place. And if you ask me, it still sits about 1" lower in the front...maybe it can't go up any higher due to the bump pad. Am I expected to cut the bump landing off? Not a big fan of that idea.

6. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    I don't see any reason why that couldn't be be cutoff and then weld in a notched plate for reinforcement

7. BugginOut

BugginOut Member

Name:
    Willy
    yea, that's what I am thinking as well. But again, I don't have lift experience. My concern is if I don't have ANY bump stop support...will that be dangerous?

8. BugginOut

BugginOut Member

Name:
    Willy
    Ended up cutting 1" off the rear extenders. Then loosened the torsion keys. Give me about 1/2 - 3/4" gap from the control arm. Ride quality is is back.