Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. Do you think it's worth spending a little extra for the CK series(problem solver)?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The problem solver items are for a rig that has trouble getting the alignment within specs after parts replacement. Those would be needed for a rig that gets an alignment reading before the parts replacement and sees that even with new stock parts the alignment will not be able to be adjusted to spec. Usually with weird size tires or known wreck damage but no frame repair has been done. Lots of times they are not installed till after new OE parts were installed and cannot get the alignment in specs.

QDaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've done just the ball joints and screw that. My last two were control arm assemblies and I never looked back.

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
The problem solver items are for a rig that has trouble getting the alignment within specs after parts replacement. Those would be needed for a rig that gets an alignment reading before the parts replacement and sees that even with new stock parts the alignment will not be able to be adjusted to spec. Usually with weird size tires or known wreck damage but no frame repair has been done. Lots of times they are not installed till after new OE parts were installed and cannot get the alignment in specs.

Well looks like I have aluminum CA after we put the truck in the air to replace the parts. Now to find the correct Moog parts to order.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I replaced mine they were Aluminum but the factory replacements are upgraded to tubular steel,no more Aluminum ones.

They're actually stamped steel. The ball joints last much longer on the stamped steel ones by the way so it is an "upgrade" in that aspect over the aluminum ones.

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
Well if you have aluminum CA it's replaced with stamped steel now according to the dealers that I spoke to.
They suggest to replace the brake hose too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf