Contemplating purchasing an Escalade hybrid...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't. The battery is about $5000 if I remember correctly and as old as they are now most of the batteries are probably getting ready to replacement. The fuel savings isn't that great and you only get the fuel savings if you do a lot of city driving. I certainly would not buy one expecting to get 20 years of service out of it.
LOL it's only 2950 for a bittery including the install in most states 5,000 maybe like 10 years ago

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see how that’s possible. List price of the battery is $4300 plus install and tax.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see how that’s possible. List price of the battery is $4300 plus install and tax.
maybe in your state here it's 2950 for a battery with 5 year unlimited miles

it's decent quality if they offer a 5 year warranty but heavy pro-rated

https://greenbeanbattery.com/tahoe-hybrid-battery-replacement/

I think this is the better deal
this is even better 3 year non prorated
http://www.besthybridbatteries.com/products/chevy-tahoe-2008-2013-hybrid-battery

if I was to chose i'd get the 3 year one since it's non pro-rated and 300$ cheaper ( you can put in savings account for battery)

Last edited:

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets kill another kitten here. To be brutally honest most Hybrid vehicle owners are shall we say "Frugal" folks to start with. I guess that I am pretty tight also LOL I just ordered a box of 6 New battery modules at 42 bones each plus 19 bucks shipping. I will be pulling my 200k hybrid battery pack out in the near future to load test and identify weak cells and pop some new ones in. If over 1/2 of the forty modules are weak I may just order enough new cells to replace them all and be done with it. GreenBean would happily come swap batteries with me for around 2900 but it will be a reconditioned battery full of mostly +10 yr old modules. I can order a NEW GM replacement battery from GMParts for 3100 BRAND NEW. I can replace all 40 modules with new myself for around 1700 and then sell the old good or marginal modules for at least 20 bucks a piece on ebay. (They fit the Prius vehicles so are in high demand). It just seems ridiculous to me to replace the entire battery assembly unless you have a bad battery cooling fan/control module or other parts that are part of the assembly that will come with a new or reconditioned battery.
Right now I have to get some ball joints on the front or the drivers side wheel is going to fall off, priorities man this ole ** is getting to be more trouble than she is worth Haha.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets kill another kitten here. To be brutally honest most Hybrid vehicle owners are shall we say "Frugal" folks to start with. I guess that I am pretty tight also LOL I just ordered a box of 6 New battery modules at 42 bones each plus 19 bucks shipping. I will be pulling my 200k hybrid battery pack out in the near future to load test and identify weak cells and pop some new ones in. If over 1/2 of the forty modules are weak I may just order enough new cells to replace them all and be done with it. GreenBean would happily come swap batteries with me for around 2900 but it will be a reconditioned battery full of mostly +10 yr old modules. I can order a NEW GM replacement battery from GMParts for 3100 BRAND NEW. I can replace all 40 modules with new myself for around 1700 and then sell the old good or marginal modules for at least 20 bucks a piece on ebay. (They fit the Prius vehicles so are in high demand). It just seems ridiculous to me to replace the entire battery assembly unless you have a bad battery cooling fan/control module or other parts that are part of the assembly that will come with a new or reconditioned battery.
Right now I have to get some ball joints on the front or the drivers side wheel is going to fall off, priorities man this ole ** is getting to be more trouble than she is worth Haha.
why not just buy a new Prius battery and use those and sell the scrap

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you’re trained in messing with high voltage stuff and have the proper equipment to do so. You can get killed if you touch the wrong thing inside that battery.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is possible to hurt yourself on lots of things and these batteries do require extra precautions and safety equipment. I would not recommend it for anyone that does not have full confidence in their abilities and does not have the proper tools. Anyway I got the old ** up on a lift earlier and pulled the front wheels and both tierod ends my noise is actually the passenger side lower ball joint. Almost impossible to find it without isolating all the components so you can check them separately. Check out this youtube video.
I would not recommend suspension work to anyone either whom does not have good mechanical skills/confidence and proper tools. I own a 10 year old +200k Hybrid Tahoe man, I have to do this myself LOL. The previous owner left a receipt in the truck where he had paid $850.00 to have new ball joints installed on the drivers side and they used elcheapo MS parts. Total ripoff if you have an older vehicle you better get yourself some tools and training LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum