Constant humming front tire noise driving straight, dissapears as I slightly turn left.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juniort65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, First post.

Just wondering if anybody had this issue.
As posted in the tittle my 2008 Tahoe makes a constant tire noise whe driving straight.
As I drive the nosie starts (heard better as I speed), if I turn the steering wheel to the left to make a slight left turn (as like taking a curve) while still moving forward the noise stops. As soon as I go straight again the humming noise comes back. Turning right does not make a difference the noise is always there.
The tires are brand new with less than 300 miles, but it would happen with the old tires as well. I thought replacng tires would correct the issue, obviously didn't.
Any insight on what this could be? bearings? misalignment?

Thank you.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Juniort65 Your description makes me feel like it is the bearing but did you get an alignment when you got new tires? A steering part could be loose making one of your tires not track straight causing some rubbing on the road

OP
OP
J

Juniort65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I may have to get back to the tire place to findout if they aligned the car. It was done at Sam's club.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like left wheel bearing.
Jack up the car and turn the left wheel/hub by hand, you will know for sure.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh