Console “downgrade”..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this one on ebay: Scratch! 15 16 TAHOE YUKON SUBURBAN black CENTER CONSOLE cup holders cupholders | eBay

It's lightly used, I'd rate it a a 6 out of 10. It's got some light scuffs, scratches, and odd indentations. BUT the grain of the leather looks like it is more like what's in your Denali (and my '15 Denali) now versus the other piece originally posted. The buttons for the heated/cooled seats are different, but the overall shape is the same and it would probably be a simple snap out and snap in the correct.

EDIT:
Found this one as well: Front Floor Center Console Cup Holder Black Leather w/ Heated & Cooled Seat Opt | eBay

Looks like the extra button on the left of the first pocket is for the Cooled Cup Holders. Now I'm curious if this feature is strictly integrated into this console and if installed in a vehicle that didn't originally have Cooled Cup Holders would it work? If so, we could stop using the word "downgrade" and instead call it an upgrade. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pivot

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this one on ebay: Scratch! 15 16 TAHOE YUKON SUBURBAN black CENTER CONSOLE cup holders cupholders | eBay

It's lightly used, I'd rate it a a 6 out of 10. It's got some light scuffs, scratches, and odd indentations. BUT the grain of the leather looks like it is more like what's in your Denali (and my '15 Denali) now versus the other piece originally posted. The buttons for the heated/cooled seats are different, but the overall shape is the same and it would probably be a simple snap out and snap in the correct.

EDIT:
Found this one as well: Front Floor Center Console Cup Holder Black Leather w/ Heated & Cooled Seat Opt | eBay

Looks like the extra button on the left of the first pocket is for the Cooled Cup Holders. Now I'm curious if this feature is strictly integrated into this console and if installed in a vehicle that didn't originally have Cooled Cup Holders would it work? If so, we could stop using the word "downgrade" and instead call it an upgrade. ;)

Yea I've not had a chance to look recently. Been working on getting my third prepared for college here and work has been crazy. I def don't want a unit with scratches on it, but I'll continue to look around soon here. That grain does look similar though. The one I bought looked similar as well in the pics. Will just have to do the old buy-return-buy-return-buy method, most likely.

The cooler function you can definitely add - but I believe it's for the console cooler that resides under your armrest, not the actual cupholders. I don't want to add that because I keep all types of shi* in my console. Cup holder cooling would be preferable, but I always have a Yeti with me so that's never really an issue. If you want to add the console cooler you'd just have to buy the cooler and run power to the new switch if it doesn't have it already, which would be pretty simple.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find the same thing in our 03 denali, I don't care for it so much from a function aspect, with the storage and covers. and no storage in the lid. however I do like her truck for cruising as it is slightly more comfortable (being able to rest arm on the top).

as for just removing the covers you would have these open hole slots that things could fall into, and that is not cool either.

OP
OP
Pivot

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as for just removing the covers you would have these open hole slots that things could fall into, and that is not cool either.

Yea agreed that's definitely not an option for me. I'd deal with the covers before removing them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts