Considering selling my Esky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked my Dad's long barrel 38 Smith & Wesson..... I tried a couple "assault riffles " but the safest location was the target !! ( I am very good with a big pistol - He was a cop.... Taught me well !

( " Do you feel lucky? ) :)
K38 Target Masterpiece or a .38/44 Outdoorsman? Either way, lovely shooting arms and very accurate out to 75 yards or more.

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I weighed the Esky 2 nights ago, nearly empty on fuel, my fat butt in the seat, and 3rd row removed.

I am actually surprised. Its 200 lbs lighter than my envoy??!!!

Last edited:

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
So I weighed the Esky last night, 2 nights ago, nearly empty on fuel, my fat butt in the seat, and 3rd row removed.

I am actually surprised. Its 200 lbs lighter than my envoy??!!!
Makes alot more sense than 6800 no chance on that.Still seems heavy empty on gas and no 3rd row but more in line with what it should weigh.

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had an offer on the Esky last night. "I would be flying in from Kansas City, and I am really interested. I can only offer 10k for it"

Well obviously, your not really interested.

I told him, for that price, I would be better off just doing what I needed to do to it, to make it what I want.

I am going to leave it for sale on the local markets until Thanksgiving time. By then my new born will be a few months old, and I can decide if its going to work.

I already have the parts needed to do a 2/3 lower in a Excel document, so they are easy to find. I figure it should cost around 1000 to do the lowering myself. Lowering spindles up front, and a shock relocate, and lowering springs out back. Not sure if I am going to do the free travel mod, or have a shop, or my shop do it.

I have an offer out on a XC90 V8, even if I dont sell the Esky, I plan on getting. It needs a LARGE repair (tranny at a price tag of 5000), but the price might justify it, and I can let my wife run with it, and ditch her Aztek.

Shes already told me that she bets that she is going to get the Esky, I am going to steal the XC90 from her.. Its possible :)

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the full 15k for it last night. I couldnt bat an eye at 15k CASH!

Sad to see her go. But my back was just not having it, and the only correction was lowering it, and hoping the ride was as good as it was non-lowered.

I got my eyes set on a few alternatives.

07-11 Volvo XC90 V8
Chevy Trailblazer V8 or SS
GMC Envoy Denali
Saab 9-7x 5.3i or Aero
Porsche Cayenne

Already watching a Saab 9-7x Aero Auction.
Already keeping an eye on a couple XC90's.
I think the Cayenne is going to be outside my budget.. But would be nice. Just not sure of the German factor.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the full 15k for it last night. I couldnt bat an eye at 15k CASH!

Sad to see her go. But my back was just not having it, and the only correction was lowering it, and hoping the ride was as good as it was non-lowered.

I got my eyes set on a few alternatives.

07-11 Volvo XC90 V8
Chevy Trailblazer V8 or SS
GMC Envoy Denali
Saab 9-7x 5.3i or Aero
Porsche Cayenne

Already watching a Saab 9-7x Aero Auction.
Already keeping an eye on a couple XC90's.
I think the Cayenne is going to be outside my budget.. But would be nice. Just not sure of the German factor.
( Cayenne, etc )...... Contact dealers if any are available - discounted due to " test drives or "loaners".
I almost bought a 'new' Mercedes GLC 300 for $6,000 less with 600 miles on it. ( I bought a new Infiniti QX 50 instead )...
BUT..... In the current market, finding a reasonable deal will be difficult....

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to drive cars for an auto auction, and I was less than impressed with the cayenne that I drove. I don't think it had lived it's best life though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic