Considering Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superpop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My biggest issue with Diesel is the Urea requirements. That stuff is becoming scarce and that will only lead to obscene price increases for something you have to have to operate a modern diesel powerplant.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My biggest issue with Diesel is the Urea requirements. That stuff is becoming scarce and that will only lead to obscene price increases for something you have to have to operate a modern diesel powerplant.
Nah, not logical…
it’s basically three dollars a gallon now. Even if it doubles to six dollars a gallon, I only use 10 to 15 gallons a year, if that. Nowhere near an issue When you are saving 1k + per year in fuel expenditures…

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you're towing most of the time, you won't use enough to make its cost even a minor factor.

Crazycanuck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the 3.0 in a Yukon slt, picked up about 4 months ago. Been having issues with the DEF system. But it seems to be just on our unit. Live up here in Canada so weather seems to be driving it batty. I know 4 others that have the 3.0l in both trucks and Yukons and tahoes. All are doing fine except mine, one even has 60K kms (35k mile) on it and has zero issues. But we are still overall happy with Yukon, dealership been super helpful. Taking our concerns serious, offering us a loner when ever it’s been in the shop. They even are talking buyback, I didn’t even have to bring it up. The problem is finding us a replacement lol.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far, I have not had any problem finding DEF. We have used about six or seven gallons in 6,500 miles of 2/3 rush hour driving driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd