Considering a tune for the Tahoe, but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as i know, if you put it black to stock tune, theyll never know..besides the fact, deny, deny, deny.....maybe im wrong about that though. I dont know whats in a newer truck computer tht will show them you changed anything....deny, deny, deny....

Depends how long you are going to keep it, if it means better performance and longer engine life because you 'tuned out/turned off' the poorly designed gm afm ******** and then changed some other parameters, just do it if time/money allows. remember its your truck and you can do whatever you want.

When you bring it in, put everything back to stock and deny, deny, deny......imo

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a KPE tune on my Escalade for over a year and have had plenty of warranty work done without a single issue.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states the dealer/manufacturer has to prove the modification caused the part that is under warranty to fail. They can't just make a blanket policy like "any tune will void your warranty".

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of reading on this lately (mostly on other forums). Supposedly, there is a counter that trips every time a flash is made to the ECM. Put the tune on, it trips, take the tune off, it trips. Also supposedly, this is the only trace left behind. Again, also supposedly, Diablo (at least) tunes will not leave "any" trace.

We know that GM is checking, according to their bulletin 09-06-04-026M.

But here's the thing...

If you look at that bulletin, specifically on page 2, section 2, you will see this:

⇒ If the Calibration Verification Procedure determines that THERE ARE non-GM ECM calibrations present, the Service Department Personnel MUST follow the procedure as instructed in: Section 10. Procedure for All Service Agents for E- mailing .jpg or .jpeg Files to the Calibration Group at — [email protected]

Now, to my way of thinking, as long as you remove the tune, prior to taking it to the stealer/dealer, they have nothing to grumble about. It doesn't say anything about what may or may not have occurred earlier.

Still, do it at your own risk. I'm going to...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442