Considering 2010 GMC Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SiWilli

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, Looking at a 2010 GMC Yukon SLT that has 102,000 miles. Any thing in specific I should be looking for or concerned about with this one? It has good dealership maintenance records. Will be a daily driver, I have 3 teens plus their friends and all their crap. No major towing needs, just our jet skis a few times a year. Anyone have any ability to look up VIN? Thanks! VIN#: 1GKUKCE08AR268818

OP
OP
S

SiWilli

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I had looked there. Was mostly Tahoe and Suburban so figured I would ask. Not sure if it reflects a lack of issues, or owners here :)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I had looked there. Was mostly Tahoe and Suburban so figured I would ask. Not sure if it reflects a lack of issues, or owners here :)
they are the same truck just wrapped in a different cloth
at 100k there are regular maintenance items to be done
02 sensors (all 4)
plugs/wires
both belts
ALL fluids flushed, brake, steering, trans, diff's, coolant
inspect suspension parts, it's typical for the shocks/struts to be worn out at this mileage, typical failure is around 84k miles

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are the same truck just wrapped in a different cloth
at 100k there are regular maintenance items to be done
02 sensors (all 4)
plugs/wires
both belts
ALL fluids flushed, brake, steering, trans, diff's, coolant
inspect suspension parts, it's typical for the shocks/struts to be worn out at this mileage, typical failure is around 84k miles
Agreed, I bought mine at 98k and did all these things except shock/struts. I'm at 110k and about to do them. They are all fairly simple to do yourself to save a few hundred bucks.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving replies to your question. I bought my new-to-me 2007 Yukon XL Denali at 125k miles, and I have absolutely no regrets over this purchase.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you are aware of the the potential issues with AFM and are fine with it, I think the rest is just the stuff you should check on any other used vehicle: sights, smells and sounds.

The truck looks like and all, but 16 grand??? Wow! But if that's the going rate in your area, then there's not much you can do about it. I'd still try to talk them down, though.

OP
OP
S

SiWilli

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As long as you are aware of the the potential issues with AFM and are fine with it, I think the rest is just the stuff you should check on any other used vehicle: sights, smells and sounds.

The truck looks like and all, but 16 grand??? Wow! But if that's the going rate in your area, then there's not much you can do about it. I'd still try to talk them down, though.

Thanks, and yes that is the lower end on pricing here!! I plan to negotiate and/or try for some freebies

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, Looking at a 2010 GMC Yukon SLT that has 102,000 miles. Any thing in specific I should be looking for or concerned about with this one? It has good dealership maintenance records. Will be a daily driver, I have 3 teens plus their friends and all their crap. No major towing needs, just our jet skis a few times a year. Anyone have any ability to look up VIN? Thanks! VIN#: 1GKUKCE08AR268818

That's an SLT1 option package and is a 4x4 but you'll have to determine whether or not if it has 3.08 (GU4) highway gears with a single speed transfer case (NP0) or 3.42 GU6) gear with the 2-speed transfer case (NQH). One is more suited for towing and going off-road than the other. The RPO sheet is located in the glove box. It will probably have the basic ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride suspension, no air compressor or shocks and a nice bonus would be if it has JL1, the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (located beneath the light and 4x4 switch).

Test everything out, every switch, each button, make sure they all work. The back up camera comes on in reverse on the left side of the rearview mirror if it has a radio and not a navigation unit. It should not have a navigation unit as I believe those were for SLT2 trim levels and higher. It should have remote start but no power tailgate. Test the rear glass window liftgate, both with the fob and by pressing the secret button just above and to the right of the license plate. The rubber rots and the guts of the switch falls out.

If it has a 2-speed transfer case, put it into 4LO and Neutral and back again, but remember, 4x4s protest when driven on hard surfaces. Download the owner's manual and read up on how to switch into those modes, don't assume the salesman will know how to correctly do it.

I own and prefer the Yukon XL and like the creature comforts of the SLT2, the heated seats and memory seats, etc. Also prefer the captain's chairs in the second row compared with the bench but to each his own.

Keep the fluids clean and these will last a long time if not abused. I doubt the transmission fluid has been changed, do it right away and thereafter even sooner than the severe service schedule.

You don't need the better towing ability for just a couple of jetskis, but having 4LO is nice on a slippery boat ramp. Make sure the parking brake holds well! They are designed to hold the vehicle and trailer at maximum GCWR on a steep incline; if it is in good order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe