Connecting USB to IO3 radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimBanville

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 PPV. Base IO3 radio. Center console deleted, so no USB ports and no way to connect phone to radio for music. Is it true that I can connect a usb cable with B connector to the back of the radio, and use whatever USB adapter is necessary on the other end to connect to my iPhone's lightning connector? Thanks!

shaunbolten

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey chief, i’ve got a 2017 PPV and the guys i bought it from did a half assed up fitting to make it semi (not a state trooper anymore) and in doing so they installed a regular center console. I fought with the wiring and research until recently finding that there’s two wires that come off the radios computer module underneath the rear temp control on the dash. one looked like a 4 or 5 pin flat harness and the other is a mini usb (gray connector on a black wire with mini usb) and so after taking crap apart, i took the auxiliary plug from inside the center console which i’m sure you can easily get on amazon for cheap. plugged it into those two wires and ALAS i had auxiliary input. Granted i’m still wrestling with trying to get my phone to play music via plugging my phone charger into the usb, i will still settle with this small win. I hope this helps man, hmu if you have any more things to discuss about the PPV tahoe as we are in the same ride for the time being.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2