Connected services prompt constantly popping up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuse worked on many prior generation trucks. Not this one. They have gotten quite advanced and several things are tied into that module apparently. I am friends with a GM tech who pulled the whole circuit up and he tells me it cant be done without issues. Yet, there is a video on you tube and it can be done. My tech friend told me several people have asked about this and he said he feels its safer to just cut the antenna. But cant remember that had one draw back also.? The blackbox is also not an independant module and cant be disabled without screwing up several things. That box is not there for no other reason than to be used against you. It is intentional. Why do you think Onstar is mandatory and included in the sticker price now??? To help you...or to monitor you? Literally dont have a choice, think that says it all. No one wants Onstar more than GM and its for the information for their purpose.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fuse worked on many prior generation trucks. Not this one. They have gotten quite advanced and several things are tied into that module apparently. I am friends with a GM tech who pulled the whole circuit up and he tells me it cant be done without issues. Yet, there is a video on you tube and it can be done. My tech friend told me several people have asked about this and he said he feels its safer to just cut the antenna. But cant remember that had one draw back also.? The blackbox is also not an independant module and cant be disabled without screwing up several things. That box is not there for no other reason than to be used against you. It is intentional. Why do you think Onstar is mandatory and included in the sticker price now??? To help you...or to monitor you? Literally dont have a choice, think that says it all. No one wants Onstar more than GM and its for the information for their purpose.
according to this guy there is a 3 leg fuse, a 2 leg can be swapped in. but....that is for the pickups, might still be worth a try though that is at the end of the video

and this guy has a different solution, with a couple caveats mentioned at the end

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks so much, thats great info, much appreciated. I actually have a pickup, so this is golden. We gave up on the Yukon XL Denali for now. Awaiting a future deal. The second video applies to the new pickups and he specifies the few drawbacks...that really are no big deal, as I use Apple carplay.

R32Driver: I apologize for hikacking into your thread. I too want this pop up off my start up screen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore