confused about leveling kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brodyblu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey everyone , im trying to put a leveling kit on my 2003 yukon slt , now i have read all the threads about torsion keys and spacers , but what confuses me is ppl reccomending ford 150 keys , would that fit on my truck? i have found many leveling kits on line from ready lift to daystar do brands really make a difference? there are plenty of front kits ,what would i use on the rear and would it be the same as the front whats the max i can go front and rear without altering the factory ride. im planning on puttting 20 inch rims if possible....thanks

lorax54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can fit 20's without doing anything. But if you want to level...are you thinking of raising the front, or lowering the back? Lowering the back is easiest, just get some new springs and install. The torsion keys are a little more work. Don't know about the Ford keys, but maybe someone else can chime in.

OP
OP
B

brodyblu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i saw some 20 inch offroad rims i liked , i want the offroad look , im really not going off roading , but i was told in order to get those types of tires i will need leveling kit....so my question again is if i put the torsion keys infront will i have to level out the back as well?

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
it all depends how much you crank them. The most common combo is aftermarket keys and 1.5" spacers. i went with 2"s because i tow a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne