Comtemplating 08 Hybrid, 80k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I wish the packs would get cheaper but unfortunately Primearth EV Panasonic is phasing out the NiMH modules in a few years going to LithiumIon and whatever is left out there of the NiMH modules will be used pieces to try and recondition and build a pack out of, cost will be at a premium! The GreenBean reconditioned packs at 2950 have a warranty of 5 years but they are full of all older reconditioned batteries and the majority will have to be replaced under warranty possibly several times. Biggest issue I have with these used module battery packs is the way that the GM battery management system works. A pack has to be literally deteriorated to junk before it will throw a code so GreenBean is not going to be inclined to replace a pack unless it throws the POAC4 and POBBD etc codes and by that time you have driven months or years on a junk battery just limping along. I want to experience the fresh from the factory full bore hybrid system not the puny cousin LOL.
I just bit the bullet and ordered myself a new battery with new modules. A bit pricey but if it lasts like the original factory one did then I will get 10 more years and 200k more miles out of it. Ole ** to be retired at 20 years old and 400k miles is my long term plan.
Now if I wanted to play a little game of "wack-a-mole" I could try to pull out the weakest modules and keep trading a few modules out as the silly things die off but I am just too old to have that much patience anymore.
IMG_6732.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu