Complete Dash Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldchev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sparky's Answers has a still picture step by step on this for replacing the actuators way deep inside. Most of the dash is removed especially the color change parts you are talking about. There are some tips for removing some of the more difficult items, like the grab bar. For me it was a below freezing day outside so I used an electric bathroom heater inside the Yukon, and had a furniture blanket in the garage on the floor to lay out everything sequentially for an easy reinstall. I kept my laptop in the car on that Sparkys site for frequent reference and noted each step sequence on paper. That made for an easy reinstall. Mine is a 2004 Yukon Denali. It was 8 hours.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sparky's Answers has a still picture step by step on this for replacing the actuators way deep inside. Most of the dash is removed especially the color change parts you are talking about. There are some tips for removing some of the more difficult items, like the grab bar. For me it was a below freezing day outside so I used an electric bathroom heater inside the Yukon, and had a furniture blanket in the garage on the floor to lay out everything sequentially for an easy reinstall. I kept my laptop in the car on that Sparkys site for frequent reference and noted each step sequence on paper. That made for an easy reinstall. Mine is a 2004 Yukon Denali. It was 8 hours.
For replacing actuators, and I’m assuming to took the entire dash apart? I did all mine and the recirc is the one I believe you’re supposed to disassemble the entire dash to do but I was able to wedge part of the sub frame up with some pieces of wood to get enough room to get my hand in there to get the thing replaced. Better than removing that whole sub assembly, that looked like a *****. I was done in a couple hours or less.

Karlus

Reaction score
I didn't realize the pad and other color parts all come off separate from the Structure itself. just want to change the pad and all the tan stuff. That I can probably handle. Thanks for all the great info.

I went with the glue on cover. Be careful removing the top dash pad as after years in the sun, the clips on the bottom (right under the windshield) are super fragile. Sure, you can superglue them on, but try to avoid breaking when removing (dont angle that plastic piece up)

I ended up covering the lower parts of the dash in white pleather, or painted the glove box door and center console pieces.

No need to really remove any of the instruments or anything if color change is what you are after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne