Complete audio overhaul/replacement (install thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great! I really wish I had those simple dial controls for my HVAC. I can't stand the digital ones mine has. I wonder if they are interchangeable?

I second this question... could you share if you purchased the hvac control unit elsewhere?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The manual HVAC controls are NOT compatible with the Auto/digital controls.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are so detail oriented and always like reading your threads.
My door speakers have sh*t the bed, I'll be going with the same ones.
I have tweeters in my PPV and will leave them alone as they work fine, they are the only speakers that work haha.
Did you upgrade your rear storage section speakers as well?

Geoby00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2014 K-9 PPV, and am looking to put a nice system in it. I’ll use this thread and base my system off it. Thanks for the detailed post!

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

I do not recommend this head unit, and in fact Alpine's customer service can suck it too. I've had lots of problems with this head unit, between using USB storage for music and the 'random' not working properly, to channels intermittently working/not working (sometimes the front speakers drop, sometimes the left channel drops, sometimes the right channel drops, sometimes all 4 door speakers don't work, and there is no consistency or any way to duplicate it), and Android Auto has a mind of its own, which might not entirely or at all be Alpine's fault.

If a Moderator sees this post, can you copy/paste this to my OP? I'd really like to pass the buck for anyone to steer clear of this head unit/amplifier combo. It sucks to have to say it, since I've been using Alpine since the 90's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts