Complete 4L60E with NP246 and Torque Converter, 50K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Orlando, I have an 04 I was wondering if it would be just a plug and play, I might need to do research on that, was it out of a 5.3? How does the oil look and did it shift fine prior removal?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Orlando, I have an 04 I was wondering if it would be just a plug and play, I might need to do research on that, was it out of a 5.3? How does the oil look and did it shift fine prior removal?

I believe the torque converter would be different, but not sure about the rest of the assembly. The oil looks great in it. I’m not sure about it shifting, because it came out of a totaled 99 Tahoe. Rollover accident. With only 50K on it, I would think it would be fine. The TC and splines look brand new.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still have tranny? My 03 tahoe went out this week..lmk

I do, but it’s not the same one. I have one that came out of my 99 Tahoe, and has some upgrades like a shift kit. It had been rebuilt by the previous owner, and has around 70K on it. Still shifted awesome and fluid was still red when we did the 454 and 4L80e swap. Would that one be of interest if you still?

Jay bascombe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do, but it’s not the same one. I have one that came out of my 99 Tahoe, and has some upgrades like a shift kit. It had been rebuilt by the previous owner, and has around 70K on it. Still shifted awesome and fluid was still red when we did the 454 and 4L80e swap. Would that one be of interest if you still?

I'm in the Daytona beach area and I'm debating if to go the "used" route without screwing myself. I've been looking into monster transmissions but I'd like to save $ somewhere to keep upgrades going lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17