Collision / Lane Departure Vibrate Alert on 2015 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bighurk

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently came across an issue with my Alert system. I have had the vibrate alert setup for the Collision and Lane Departure for the last 5 years but all of a sudden, it reverted to an Alert tone. I have already checked the settings in the car and is in fact set to vibrate.

Anyone have had this issue? Seems to be coming on sporadically. Could this be electrical issue or ECU programming malfunction?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Bighurk

Bighurk

Reaction score
Just in case, I have found the solution to this in another forum.

It appeared that the haptic vibrator under the seat is the issue due to poor design and the more you get in and out of your seat, the wire under the seat is going to rip.

1a95cb98f52b8a9b2485c412f615bf4a.jpg

Also, here’s a video I found online that goes over it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too had a driver's seat haptic motor issue in my Tahoe. Mine was acting up when I would have the parking alert active. The alert system worked as it should with the dash icon illuminating various colors (yellow, orange, red) depending on proximity to objects. However, the seat is supposed to vibrate when an object is too close to the vehicle, which mine was doing only at times. When the seat did NOT vibrate a "Service: Driver Alert System" message appeared on the dash. A good example was in a parking lot and you're preparing to back out when another vehicle passes down the lane behind you.

Anyways, long story short, first GM dealer told me it was going to be about $500 parts & labor. I told them "I would just sit on it (literally)." Many months later I inquired at a different GM dealership if my extended warranty would cover the repair. My argument was that this item is part of the SAFETY ALERT SYSTEM featured on these vehicles. IMO, a vibrating seat is a bit over-the-top and not really necessary. But hey, if GM designed the safety alert feature then why not utilize the safety feature. In the end I was very pleased to get the seat repaired. It's always nice not to annoying messages popping up while your cruising around.

Safe Travels!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287