Cold Air blows on front Passenger seat feet in winter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had this problem since I purchased my 2007 Tahoe in 2014. Here are the conditions
1) When the car is stopped, it is fine
2) When it gets really cold, and while driving down the highway cold air blows in onto the front passenger's feet.
3) Even with the heat up all the way to 80° there is Heat from the Left, and Cold from the right.

I was wondering if this is normal, or a hole somewhere I need to plug up.

John

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could be a broken blend door or bad actuator I don't think there is really any hole to plug
do all the adjustments work normal? and by that I mean when you adjust everything hot/cold, up/down, does it actually blow the air that way

OP
OP
O

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to work otherwise perfectly, no funny popping noises, or no heat like a bad actuator... Wife says the cold air comes from the right side, which I do not think there are any ducts over there

Of course this only happens at speed (55-70mph) and it is not coming from the ducts, it is like something is blowing in from the outside.

It has me baffled (no pun intended)

John

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to me one of your temperature valve actuators has gone bad or is out of synch. Probably the passenger side one which is behind and to the right of the center vents. Do you have a Tech2 or know someone who does? It can see the internal BCM codes and can see the commanded and actual counts of the various actuators and of course perform a relearn to reset them all.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to work otherwise perfectly, no funny popping noises, or no heat like a bad actuator... Wife says the cold air comes from the right side, which I do not think there are any ducts over there

Of course this only happens at speed (55-70mph) and it is not coming from the ducts, it is like something is blowing in from the outside.

It has me baffled (no pun intended)

John
might try a small strip of paper held in the fingers and see if she can pin point exactly where it is coming from and investigate further, could be a tricky one, there is a plastic cover under the glove box that hides all the plumbing for the heat/ac ducting, you can remove the 2 right most screws and pull it out some at an angle and that may help to find where the air is coming from.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
might try a small strip of paper held in the fingers and see if she can pin point exactly where it is coming from and investigate further, could be a tricky one, there is a plastic cover under the glove box that hides all the plumbing for the heat/ac ducting, you can remove the 2 right most screws and pull it out some at an angle and that may help to find where the air is coming from.
Take all 4 screws out and check, you’re there anyway....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts