Coilover replacements which level for 2017 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran Kings on my last Tahoe and they were worth the money in my opinion.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
were these the kind of shocks that need to be service/rebuild often like every year?

They are fully rebuildable yes. How often they are rebuilt is really dependent on usage. No different from Icon/FOX. On a DD they hold up well.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bilstein also has a larger bodied shock (60mm vs 46mm). I have noticed my 5100s seem “mushier” or fade a little in summer due to hot temps, and this is mainly onroad. I had looked at remote reservoir struts, but can’t afford it. The Bilstein price wise is between standard 5100 and remote reservoir struts:

bilstein 47-251922

You need to buy them so you can tell me how they are,

;)

15TahoeLT

Reaction score
I put the Fox 2.0 coil overs my 15' and they are fantastic. I actually have about 1/2" higher ride height in the front vs. the stock rear with the factory out of the box spacing on the Fox's. I noticed that they said fits up to 15' model years- I actually asked the Fox tech before I ordered them why they aren't listed for 16'+ and he basically said they should work fine as they are the same suspension but they hadn't tested them yet (or something along those lines).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu