Code reader and reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

captain

Reaction score
Hi all, last week when towing, the emergency pull came out on the trailer. Well found out the brakes work! Anyway, I got a service trailer brake message on my yukon. I checked all the fuses and the trailer brakes were still not active. I then pulled the trailer power cable and waited a bit and everything was good.

Then this week, the message randomly came up without a trailer even connected. Thinking of trying to reset the codes.

Do these have an old port? I have a bluetooth reader here I was thinking of trying. Let me know if here's anything else I could check as we'll be towing again this weekend.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, last week when towing, the emergency pull came out on the trailer. Well found out the brakes work! Anyway, I got a service trailer brake message on my yukon. I checked all the fuses and the trailer brakes were still not active. I then pulled the trailer power cable and waited a bit and everything was good.

Then this week, the message randomly came up without a trailer even connected. Thinking of trying to reset the codes.

Do these have an old port? I have a bluetooth reader here I was thinking of trying. Let me know if here's anything else I could check as we'll be towing again this weekend.
you should get it inspected .... service trailer brake means you have a problem it's not something that should be ignored by trying to reset the computer ... if you lost your trailer something could have gotten damaged

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny