Code po442

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I have a 2015 Yukon with a gas cap that is only capable of 1 click. I do the gas cap cleaning/maintenance regularly.
For me, I also tend to troubleshoot and fix something then clear the code to see if it returns. Not sure it's right or wrong, it's just what I've done.
the "small leak" can be hard to diagnose, it ends up costing more to have it diagnosed and parts replaced than it does to just go ahead and replace them, you can end up paying a $160 diagnosis and they will turn around and say we cant find anything wrong? then you end up paying inflated shop parts prices and labor to "try" this one part.
occasionally it can be the gas cap, replace cap, clear code, 3 days later code comes back lol, or maybe not. cheaper at that point to just shotgun it, takes the average person about an hour to replace all 3 parts, drop the spare down, drop the filler tube down, squeeze the tubes and connectors off, zip tie the air filter to the filler tube, push it back up, pop the hood do the solenoid there, put the spare back up. done. unless you find pellets in the tubes then you have to blow them out with a air compressor.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They came out with the 2015i(interim) in October for that model year and had 3 or 4 option changes, kick open liftgate, phone charging station, On star 4G LTE WiFi hotspot, Siri eyes and text message alert. They may have changed the gas cap at that point.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the 2015's still had the gas cap and the MY2016 went to the capless fill system,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic