Code p0172 and p0175

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I am going to do a pressure test this weekend. The guy I bought it from said he changed the fuel pump but that doesnt mean it couldn't go. Also my fuel gauge is messed up. It went way pass full and is at the bottom. Thank you for all the help.

I don't know how much help I'm actually being, but it's fun none the less!

OP
OP
V

vertical99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know how much help I'm actually being, but it's fun none the less!

Well I broke down and took it to a local mechanic that a guy from work knew and he said it was the ignition timing. He said with an older truck with high miles the timing chain gets stretched out and the computer has to relearn the timing so He hooked up his computer and ten minutes later it was all better.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I broke down and took it to a local mechanic that a guy from work knew and he said it was the ignition timing. He said with an older truck with high miles the timing chain gets stretched out and the computer has to relearn the timing so He hooked up his computer and ten minutes later it was all better.
Now that's a new one for me...:eek:

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Now that's a new one for me...:eek:
Same

Ignition timing on these is electrically variable. If your chain is that stretched, I'd be more concerned about the thing skipping a tooth. That's a lot of fuggin' slack on a small chain.

To my knowledge, these don't even have a relearn for that. Sounds like something got lost in translation

Either way, glad you have it resolved!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505