Cluster swspped. Battery light on??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blueinkd

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never understood but when I ordered my new dash cluster, from Digital Dash, they wanted to know that. It has to do with being something like a sophisticated voltage regulator set up that senses draw and charging in a more finite fashion. I think?

Regulated voltage control (RVC) regulates the generator's output voltage, based mainly on estimated battery temperature and battery state-of-charge (SOC). The main benefits of this system are: improved fuel economy, extended battery life, extended lamp life and extended switch life.
This is why the clusters are internally diff on the 05-06 compared to 03-05. Everything working as it should BUT the battery light on due to that internal circuit missing on my 03-04 cluster that the truck expects to be there since my rig is an 05. I'm just going to have my stock cluster rebuild and sell this one.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
"This is why the clusters are internally diff on the 05-06 compared to 03-05. Everything working as it should BUT the battery light on due to that internal circuit missing on my 03-04 cluster that the truck expects to be there since my rig is an 05. I'm just going to have my stock cluster rebuild and sell this one."

Digital Dash Solutions, unless they increased their price, allows you to pic all kinds of customization of the dials, needles and lights and I now also have the trans temp gauge on mine. The cost was $250, shipped for free and if I sent my old cluster back, pre paid shipping, I received a lifetime warranty. I sent my old cluster to them. It was easy and plug and play when installed with no problems. The pigtail is already there, behind your cluster, for the trans temp gauge.

OP
OP
blueinkd

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just figured I'd update this. Got my oem cluster rebuilt by the same company. So no more battery light on. Again remember that internally 05-06 cluster have a battery health circuit not present in 03-04. This caused my battery light to be on when I had the other cluster rebuilt.

Attachments

• 20220125_160819.jpg
    20220125_160819.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid