Clock Spring Replaced Now No crank Dash is dead HELP PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went back into it yesterday and double checked all the connections. The one under the wheel wasn't all the way connected, As soon I as I saw it I knew. Put it all back together and started right up. Thank you for your help on this, My daughter is back on the road :oops:.

Shawn.

Awesome!!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went back into it yesterday and double checked all the connections. The one under the wheel wasn't all the way connected, As soon I as I saw it I knew. Put it all back together and started right up. Thank you for your help on this, My daughter is back on the road :oops:.

Shawn.
check to see if you have power at all your cigarette lighter adapters, the one on the left shares communication with the obd port, I had one melt the harness behind the cigarette power adapter in the dash from having chargers plugged in it all the time so it would work "sort of" would put out about 8v and would melt the fuse quickly. I grabbed a harness out of the junkyard and fixed it.
any of that could cause the no communication with the obd port, even it has power to the port the communication part is separate on a fuse.

OP
OP
K

kingdom77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
check to see if you have power at all your cigarette lighter adapters, the one on the left shares communication with the obd port, I had one melt the harness behind the cigarette power adapter in the dash from having chargers plugged in it all the time so it would work "sort of" would put out about 8v and would melt the fuse quickly. I grabbed a harness out of the junkyard and fixed it.
any of that could cause the no communication with the obd port, even it has power to the port the communication part is separate on a fuse.
Thank you.
I'll check that next. I hate knowing that I don't have the obd even though I don't need it right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne