Climate Control System Temporarily Unresponsive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamoody

Reaction score
Was towing with my 2017 Yukon SLE when the climate control system went unresponsive. Blower stopped working and Auto, Sync, Power, A/C, etc buttons where not lit and did nothing when pressed. I was towing up a long, 3 mile slope at 65 mph under moderately high stress (3000 rpm), engine temperature was at normal (220F) with transmission temperature a bit high at 198F (have an add on transmission cooler) due to the uphill climb. At the top of the hill transmission temperature returned to normal (195F) and the climate control system returned to normal operation; blower automatically restarted and control panel buttons again worked so it wasn't a fuse issue. Is it possible that the computer disabled the climate control system (A/C) in order to reduce the heat load on the engine cooling system?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was towing with my 2017 Yukon SLE when the climate control system went unresponsive. Blower stopped working and Auto, Sync, Power, A/C, etc buttons where not lit and did nothing when pressed. I was towing up a long, 3 mile slope at 65 mph under moderately high stress (3000 rpm), engine temperature was at normal (220F) with transmission temperature a bit high at 198F (have an add on transmission cooler) due to the uphill climb. At the top of the hill transmission temperature returned to normal (195F) and the climate control system returned to normal operation; blower automatically restarted and control panel buttons again worked so it wasn't a fuse issue. Is it possible that the computer disabled the climate control system (A/C) in order to reduce the heat load on the engine cooling system?
My first thought was yes, the computer turned it off but it seems odd to me that all the lights went out and no message was given on the DIC.

Reaction score
This happened on my 12 Tahoe. I found in drivers side headliner, a small round removable vent. Took this out and found some **** that was blocking the area. This was due to a microphone that was installed for new radio. I removed tape and repositioned microphone and replaced cover. AC has operated fine since. Suspect a temp gauge located inside headliner was providing false readings to AC due to air restriction

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons