Clear Needles & White Face Gauges???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have clear needles with white face gauges??? I'm having trouble deciding if I should clear them out or paint them transparent red.

Also anyone have a write up on how to clear the needles? I keep reading about nail polish, but are you talking nail polish remover or regular nail polish?

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Go transparent red. Clear on white would not work too well IMO.

Nail polish remover. Take your needles off, flip them over and start removing.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
you can just use a knife/razor blade to scrape off the paint from the back of hte needles and then nail polish to paint the back of them whatever color you'd like.

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go transparent red. Clear on white would not work too well IMO.

Nail polish remover. Take your needles off, flip them over and start removing.

Thats what I was thinking too, but at night it would look badass with the gauges lighting up blue

Or I may do the needles in a blue :think: I guess I have a little time to decide, but I think that blue needles would look better than red

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

you can just use a knife/razor blade to scrape off the paint from the back of hte needles and then nail polish to paint the back of them whatever color you'd like.

Thanks, I'll have to see what the wife has for colors :D

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

I ordered some transparent testors blue paint, I think that will look WAY better than the red.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
So you are going with blue LEDs and a blue needle and white gauges? Yeah, that should look really nice.

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are going with blue LEDs and a blue needle and white gauges? Yeah, that should look really nice.

Well I'm going with white LEDs but it will light up blue.......well hopefully LOL that has been what happened in the past. I hope it looks good, but I'll find out next week

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
post up some pics ofthe finished product when you get it all done.

Will do :Handshake:

Heres the pic of the gauge overlay with the aluminum bezel, but I will be painting the bezel black I think, but I will be getting an aluminum shift handle so I don't know if I should leave it the way it is :think:

Attachments

• 192598659_o.jpg
    192598659_o.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that aluminum panel removable so you can paint it apart from the gauge overlay. If so, i might be copying your idea!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that aluminum panel removable so you can paint it apart from the gauge overlay. If so, i might be copying your idea!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah its 2 pieces. but pnce their together their stuck. The aluminum piece has 3m tape on the back and would probably reck the overlay if you were to change your mind.

But I think its going to get painted satin black, that will look sweet IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs