Cleaning Lowbeam Headlights? 2006 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kentucky Frank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Greetings from Louisville KY. I have a 2006 Yukon Denali (not XL) and wanted to see if there is a thread out there for: How to clean the Low Beam lens on the headlights?

This is NOT the large lens facing the open road, but the small circular lens just in front of the bulb itself. It's cloudy after 120K+ miles.

As simple as it sounds, I find there must be a process out there so I'm checking the best resources out there.... you guys!

After removing the bulb assembly, it's just too narrow to get something long with a cloth or paper towel on the end to clean the lens.

Seperating more of the headlight assembly isn't as straight forward as it seems either. Any Thoughts?

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
You can remove the whole projector assembly if you really want to. Take the mounting bracket off. Then you can take the projector assembly out.
There are only two screws holding it on. Now the sealant is holding the assembly in. You can heat it up and carefully remove the projector. The lens will
come out with it. If you're going through all that, you may consider buying a mounting bracket and get some HID projectors to swap in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel