Claying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Be sure to keep the clay and body surface wet with the detailer spray and turn/fold the clay often. You'll be amazed at how much crud comes out of the clear coat!

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to keep the clay and body surface wet with the detailer spray and turn/fold the clay often. You'll be amazed at how much crud comes out of the clear coat!

THIS^^^^

As long as you keep the paint surface wet/lubricated with the Qwik Detailer, you can just go to town on it. Rub the clay using broad, even strokes with light to moderate pressure. You'll know you're done with a section when you can feel the clay glide easily across the paint with no drag or snags.

After that, hit the paint with another shot of Qwik Detailer and wipe dry with a clean microfiber......or move to either Ultimate Compound or straight to Ultimate Polish. Then wax.

P.S. I have the exact same assortment of Meguiars products. They work great. I prefer Collinite 845 for waxing---it's easy to use and makes paint look wet for months, especially black paint.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait till it cools off here in NY you don't want to do this in 90 degrees heat

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OIL YOUR ELBOWS!!! They're gonna hurt when you're done, as are your shoulders.

Like was already mentioned, keep the surface and clay wet and turn/knead the clay often. Depending on how much junk you're pulling up off the surface that could mean kneading it every square foot and if you drop it on the dirty ground throw the clay away or you'll be doing more harm than good (use small portions). Claying is ALMOST idiot proof but if you get a big chunk of something in the clay you can scratch the surface of whatever you're working on. Honestly some good practice spots are your windows, they're less prone to scratches than your paint and will help you learn the right technique.

OP
OP
PG01

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, i got 15" biceps....stop...no issue......hahahlololol....obviously im kidding......
Thanks for help, ill keep that in mind about the windows....

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Meguiars kit on mine and was able to do the whole vehicle in about 90 minutes. Like everybody else said, keep it wet and turn the clay. You'll probably end up using both clay bars. If you've never done it before, you will be amazed how smooth the paint will be. Good luck and it's not as bad as it's made out to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins